School-wide Learning Expectations
Faith-filled and Active Members of the Christian Community who
· Demonstrate a relationship with God and show respect for God’s creation
· Consider Catholic moral and social teachings when making decisions
· Utilize all types of prayer in their personal relationship with God
· Regularly participate in the sacramental life of the Church
· Take an active role in service to the Church community
Life-Long Learners who
· Use critical thinking and listening skills
· Express thoughts clearly in written and oral form
· Demonstrate a curiosity for learning
· Meet deadlines and expectations placed upon them
· Have a foundation in all academic subject areas
Responsible Citizens who
· Recognize and embrace the diversity of mankind
· Resolve conflict with others in a fair manner
· Share their God given talents for the benefit of others
· Show respect for the ideas, opinions, and creations of others
· Responds willingly to the needs of others
Self-Aware and Self-Confident Individuals who
· Listen and follow God’s plan for them in choosing their vocations
· Use and accept their own strengths with humility
· Possess good problem solving and decision making skills
· Make positive and encouraging comments about others
· Practice self-discipline
Students engage in daily religious study. Students have the opportunity to engage with Christ through prayers, Rosary, weekly Mass, and in classroom instruction. Gospel Values permeate all aspects of our school and education.
Our English Language Arts program enriches student skills in reading, writing, and speaking. Our teachers utilize a rich variety of instructional techniques to ensure student mastery of phonetic awareness, word decoding, and complex reading comprehension. We strive to differentiate our program based on the needs of each learner.
Our mathematics program is rigorous and sure to prepare children for a future in a global economy. We have a comprehensive curriculum designed to guide children through complex mathematical thought, while building base number sense.
Our science program is individually tailored in each class to meet the guidelines of the Next Generation Science Standards. We strive to provide a hands on experience. Children in our sixth through eighth grades participate in a science fair, working to design personal experiments to showcase their years of acquired knowledge.
Students in all grades learn the tenets of civics, geography, government and history.
Students in all grades have access to Chromebooks to enrich all aspects of their education. Middle School students work with Chromebooks daily in all classes with a 1:1 ratio.
Through the physical education program, students learn the importance of staying healthy and physically active throughout their
Students in all grades are exposed to and participate in activities and projects in the areas of music, visual, and performing arts. All school music practice is held once a week as students prepare music for Friday’s Mass.
© Copyright 2016 by Our Lady of Fatima Catholic School